Chronic illnesses, also known as chronic diseases, are characterized as conditions that last one year or more, require ongoing medical attention or limit activities of daily living, or both.
In other words, individuals suffering from chronic diseases have a limited capacity for functioning in their daily routine, as the symptoms of these illnesses can reduce the ability of these patients to perform regular, simple tasks.
Evidence has shown that CBD can help regulate and ease the symptoms in patients suffering from many chronic illnesses:
– In adults with chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, oral cannabinoids are effective antiemetics.
– In adults with chronic pain, patients who were treated with cannabis or cannabinoids are more likely to experience a clinically significant reduction in pain symptoms.
– In adults with multiple sclerosis (MS)-related spasticity, short-term use of oral cannabinoids improves patient-reported spasticity symptoms.
Common Chronic Diseases
While the list of chronic illnesses can be broad, these are some of the most common chronic conditions that affect many individuals globally:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Other Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Eating Disorders
- Heart Disease
- Oral Health
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Syndrome
- Tobacco Use and Related Conditions
What Causes Chronic Illnesses?
Many chronic diseases have their cause unknown or are caused by genetics and family history. However, some may be prevented as there is a small list of unhealthy behaviors that can trigger and accelerate the development:
- Tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Poor nutrition.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Excessive use of alcohol.
How CBD Can Help with Chronic Illnesses Symptoms
Over the years, studies have been proven that CBD is one natural organic non-medicated compound that can help patients suffering from an array of symptoms and ailments caused by chronic diseases, including but not limited to:
- It can help with pain management
- It can ease symptoms of anxiety and depression
- It can help with Alzheimer’s and epilepsy
- It can help with symptoms and side effects of chemotherapy in cancer patients
- It can help with high blood pressure
- It can help with opioid addiction
- It can help with diabetes symptoms
- It can help patients suffering from Multiple Sclerosis
- It helps to reduce inflammation
CBD is one safe, natural medicine to help patients suffering from chronic disease symptoms and their treatment side effects. It can help individuals manage some of these disorder conditions, allowing them to function better during the day, enhancing their ability to continue doing their daily tasks, and promoting a better quality of life.
Still have questions?
At Gaia Hemp, we believe in the miracle healing power of herbs, as we personally have experienced the restorative medicinal benefits of CBD. We value transparency by offering the finest quality Canadian-grown hemp and cold-pressed CBD extracted with 100% purity. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact us today.