CBD oil, or cannabidiol oil, is an oil created by extracting cannabidiol from a cannabis or hemp plant. The result is an oil that contains high concentrations of CBD and can vary in levels of other cannabinoids or plant compounds.
CBD oils may have a range of cannabinoid profiles and medicinal or health benefits, including but not limited to:
- Help with Depression and Anxiety
- Treat Epilepsy Symptoms
- Alleviate Chronic Pain
- Help with Insomnia
- Alleviate Cancer Symptoms
- Help with Menopause Symptoms
- Reduce PTSD Symptoms
- Treats Opioid Addiction
- Protects Against Neurological Diseases
- Inhibit Arthritis Symptoms
- Ease Diabetic Complications
Types of CBD Oil
There are different methods to extract the compound from the plant, and these variations in diffusion result in multiple types of CBD oil.
- Full-Spectrum CBD – contains all cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, including THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD – contains multiple cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, but it does not contain THC.
- CBD Isolate – contains only CBD with no other cannabinoids.
CBD Product Forms
CBD can come in any of the following product forms, and the way you ingest your CBD may affect how long the effect will last in your body.
- Vape oils
How to Take CBD Oil
If you have never taken CBD before, ingesting it orally is an easy place to start. However, there are many ways you can take advantage of your product. Here are a few options to help you begin with your CBD oil and take advantage of its benefits:
- Sublingually – In a tincture, directly under your tongue.
- Orally – Ingesting with your food or drink. Blend in a smoothie, bake in sweet treats, add to a salad dressing, add to a cocktail or mocktail, coffee or tea.
- Topically – In a topical rub or balm. Apply a lotion containing CBD directly to your skin.
- Transdermal – In patches that can slowly penetrate your skin, going directly to the bloodstream.
- Inhaled – In a vape pen.
- Edibles – In a sweet gummies-shaped product.
CBD Oil Dosages
The amount of CBD that is right for you will depend on your weight, health, and what condition you are treating. Experts recommend starting with a low dose and slowly increasing it to minimize the chances of adverse side effects.
Once you start taking CBD oil, keep this routine for consecutive days without a break. That way, you can control the amount you are taking each day and notice the difference in the effect as you increase the dose until you find the right amount that works for you.
CBD oil is a highly potent product to help individuals get better, treat, and alleviate symptoms of many ailments and conditions. Each person needs to find their favorite way to take the product, aligned with their routine and lifestyle and the correct dosage, to take the most advantage of your CBD product.
Still have questions?
At Gaia Hemp, we believe in the miracle healing power of herbs, as we personally have experienced the restorative medicinal benefits of CBD. We value transparency by offering the finest quality Canadian-grown hemp and cold-pressed CBD extracted with 100% purity. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact us today.